We have four core values for staff and students alike:
These four values drive everything we do at school and from them we have created 12 simple rules which must be followed at all times so that we can all enjoy a calm, orderly and safe learning environment.
- We are honest, listen to staff and follow instructions immediately.
- We act in a safe way at all times (walking on the left; no pushing; no play-fighting).
- We do not use digital devices (mobile phones; music players) during the school day.
- We arrive at school and for all our lessons on time and bring the right equipment ready to enjoy our learning.
- We always try our best to achieve excellence in all we do.
- We strive at all times to be responsible and resilient learners.
- We respect our school community, our school environment and the property of others at all times.
- We wear our school uniform correctly and proudly at all times.
- We are proud to represent our school positively and responsibly in the local and wider community.
- We respect everyone’s right to learn (no interrupting or disruption).
- We express our views sensitively and responsibly.
- We celebrate the many different cultures and religions in our school and local and wider community.
If anyone breaks any of our rules they must be prepared to face a consequence. These consequences will be decided by our teachers and will be FAIR.
Our full Behaviour Policy & Consequences Ladder sets out these consequences clearly, as well as our support mechanisms to ensure students behave responsibly and sensibly.
To view our complete Behaviour Policy and Consequences Ladder, click here.