Modern Foreign Languages
Native speakers of these languages and any other foreign language are encouraged to do early entry GCSE in that language.
Year 10 and 11
- German Exam board: Edexcel
- Spanish Exam board: Edexcel
Aims of the subject
To encourage positive attitudes to foreign language learning and to speakers of foreign languages, and a sympathetic approach to other cultures and civilisations.
- To show pupils that the learning of a foreign language can be an enjoyable, stimulating and rewarding experience.
- To enable pupils to develop self-reliance and to take responsibility for their own learning.
- To enable pupils to understand the spoken and written word in the foreign language.
- To develop the ability to use the foreign language effectively for purposes of practical communication.
- To enable pupils to recognise grammatical patterns and manipulate language structures for their own purposes.
|Staff Name||Role||Email Address|
|Miss M Warschawsky||Head of MFL Facultyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs P Burchell||Head of Germanemail@example.com|
|Mrs A Reeves||Head of Frenchfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr R Garcia||Head of Spanishemail@example.com|
|Miss R Renfrew||Teacher of French and Spanishfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr U Sanchez||Teacher of Spanish / French /Germanemail@example.com|
- Trips to France/Germany/Spain.
- Visiting theatre companies performing in French/German/Spanish.
- Café Sanchez: the opportunity to taste food from France/Germany/Spain