Interventions are targeted support sessions, tailored to support students in order to help them to achieve or exceed their target grades or levels and/ or to help them with emotional or social support to be more confident and happy at school.
At Hatch End High School, we run a range of interventions at classroom, department and whole-school level which are sometimes aimed at a specific group of students who have been identified as being in need of support and sometimes open to all students.
Interventions span all year groups and abilities and are usually guided by current data and student progress.
Academic Interventions on offer may include:
- 1:1 / small group tuition in key subjects.
- Holiday Revision Schools: Across all subjects for Years 10 and 11.
- Links with external establishments such as Regent College: Tailored tuition by subject specialists for small groups of targeted students.
- Outside Agencies such as Greater London Education, delivering tailored sessions for targeted groups to support with exam preparation.
- Saturday School: Aimed at building confidence, motivation and skills development in key subjects.
- Literacy Provision: Targeted support in literacy across different subjects and year groups.
- Breakfast Clubs: Support reading through peer mentoring.
- Intervention weeks: Personalised timetables for a whole year group (usually Year 11) to enable assessments / mock exams and coursework catch-up without disrupting usual lessons.
- Summer Holiday Camps / transition projects: team work and confidence building activities, underpinned by academic support in Maths and Literacy skills.
Students will hear about interventions via the school website, letters home and school assemblies and it is advised that if a child is required to participate in a school intervention that they make the most of the opportunity.
Our Pupil Premium page sets out specifically how we use our dedicated funding to raise aspirations.
The senior member of staff in charge of interventions is Mr Robinson, Assistant Headteacher: email@example.com