In Business Studies, students will develop an understanding of the interdependent nature of business activity through interactions between business operations, finance, marketing and human resources. We also look at the relationship between the business and the environment in which it operates.
Please click below for the full Curriculum Maps and other useful information.
Business Studies Curriculum Narrative and Map
|Ms J Johnson||Head of Departmentemail@example.com|
|Mr P Richards||Assistant Headteacherfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Miss G Grewal||Coordinator of Business BTECemail@example.com|
|Mr M Heffernan||Teacherfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr M Ammar||Teacher||MAmmar@hatchend.harrow.sch.uk|
|Mr L Cryer||Teacher||LCryer@hatchend.harrow.sch.uk|
EDEXCEL GCSE BUSINESS STUDIES:
Business students will have opportunities to be involved in organising and running business activities as relevant to the topic being studies, eg Enterprise, may involve starting up a Bake Sale or participating in an event to raise money for a local charity.
Visiting speakers from the world of business will be invited to speak to students, particularly in the area of finance. Visits to places of interest are incorporated including the Bank of England and Wembley Stadium, as well as other in the capital.
Students will also have opportunities to sign up to various challenges that builds on theory and practice to enhance their learning and experience.
EDEXCEL BTEC NATIONAL IN BUSINESS – LEVEL 3:
BTEC Students are encouraged to look beyond the classroom in their approach to the units on offer. This will involve students taking on various roles, eg. Event organisers, consultants etc. and the use of visiting speakers as well as visits to fulfil the assessment objectives. The course incorporates work experience which allows students to see first-hand how theory is put into practice.
- Edexcel GCSE Business Exam Skills Practice Workbook – Extend. Publisher: Pearson. Author: Keith Hirst,Jonathan Shields. ISBN: 9781446900512
- Edexcel GCSE Business: Introduction to Small Business. Publisher: Pearson. Author: Alain Anderton,Ian Gunn,Andrew Ashwin. ISBN: 9781846904967.
- Edexcel GCSE Business: Building a Business. Publisher: Pearson. Author: Alain Anderton,Andrew Malcolm,Andrew Ashwin. ISBN: 9781846904974
- REVISE Edexcel GCSE Business Revision Guide: Units 1, 3 & 5
- REVISE Edexcel GCSE Business Revision Workbook, Units 1, 3 & 5
- BTEC Nationals Business Student Book 1 + Activebook
- BTEC Nationals Business Student Book 2 + Activebook