Hatch End High School are members of the UK Anti-Bullying Alliance (ABA) and the Diana Award Anti-Bullying Programme. Click here for more information.
Diana Award Anti-Bullying Programme - https://diana-award.org.uk/
UK Anti-Bullying Alliance - https://www.anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk/
Anti-Bullying Support – Key Staff
Lead Staff: Miss M Dunford and the Safeguarding Team
Anti-Bullying Co-ordinator: Mr M Ammar
What is Bullying?
Bullying is defined as behaviour that is:
- intended to hurt someone either physically or emotionally
- often aimed at certain groups, for example because of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation
It takes many forms and can include:
- physical assault
- making threats
- name calling
- cyberbullying / online bullying
Student led Anti-Bullying Campaigns
As part of the Diana Award Anti-Bullying programme, we have a group of trained Anti-Bullying Ambassadors and Anti-Bullying mentors at Hatch End High School. These student led initiatives and support networks encourage students to support their peers with bullying issues as well as having a proactive and preventative approach bullying.
- A group of over 50 students, with representatives from each year group (Years 7-13) who have been trained by the Diana Award in bullying prevention and supporting their peers.
- The Anti-Bullying Ambassadors are involved in running activities to prevent bullying, including National Anti-Bullying Week, Wellbeing Week and Children’s Mental Health Day.
- The Anti-Bullying Ambassadors are around school throughout the day at breaktimes and lunchtimes for students to talk to and can also be contacted via email.
- All proceeds from Anti-Bullying Week will be donated to the Anti-Bullying Alliance.
- Monday 14th November is Odd Socks Days - we encourage as many staff and students to take part within this activity.
- Digital leaders will be holding workshops during break times about Cyberbullying, giving top tips, and running a fun quiz for students.
For advice on dealing with bullying as a parent click here.
Anti-Bullying Reporting System
Students are able to use the 'Speak Up' button on the School Website.
Anti-Bullying Websites and Resources
The Diana Award - https://diana-award.org.uk/award/devpro/resources/
UK Anti-Bullying Alliance - https://www.anti-bullyingalliance.org.uk/tools-information
BullyingUK - https://www.bullying.co.uk
Cyber-Bullying is when a person or a group of people uses the internet, mobile phones, online games or any other kind of digital technology to threaten, tease, upset or humiliate someone else. To know more about Cyber-Bullying and help on how to deal with it, click here and for information about E-Safety click here.
Parent / Carer Anti-Bullying Guide Hatch End High School Anti-Bullying Policy