The Baker Clause
All pupils in Years 7 - 13 are entitled:
• To find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeships opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point;
• To hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships – through options events, assemblies and group discussions and taster events. In line with the requirement to offer at least six provider encounters, the school offers the following encounters as well as many other opportunites:
- Years 7 & 8: Employer Engagement Event in which students hear from and have an opportunity to and question several local employers.
- Year 8: An assembly from further education providers explaining post-16 routes, T-Levels and apprenticeships.
- Year 9: Barclays LifeSkills delivered at four points during the academic year.
- Year 11: Further Education Information Event
- Year 11: Year 11 Assembly delivered by external provider(s) covering vocational courses and traineeship programmes.
- Year 12: University Visit(s)
- Year 12: Apprenticeship Assembly
• To understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses;
• In line with The Baker Clause, at 14 plus we also provide the Local Authority with student addresses for the purpose of them informing students about different providers, which is done in writing by the Local Authority whom we work consistently with.
Management of provider access requests
A provider wishing to request access should contact our Careers Co-ordinator / Sixth Form Admin Supervisor: Ms Fernando, on telephone: 0208 428 4330 extension 2223 or e mail: email@example.com . Opportunities for access to a number of events, integrated into the school Careers Programme, offer providers an opportunity to come into school to speak to pupils and/or their parents/carers.
Please speak to our Careers Co-ordinator / Sixth Form Admin Supervisor (details above) or our Careers Leader, Mr Richards – firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0208 428 4330 extension 2089 to identify the most suitable opportunity for you.
To read our full Careers’ Provider Access Policy please click here